Sunday, 19 January 2014

Totally into Television Productions


Just recently I read a book about Animation called "Created and Produced by Total Televison Productions". This was the team that created cartoons such as: UNDERDOG, TENNESSEE TUXEDO and KING & ODIE. Overall the excellent character design lent itself pretty well to the limited animation used by Gamma Studios. The animation was unrestricted by Physics, Biology, Geography and Perspective, and as a consequence has a delightfull surreal-whimsical-ridiculousness.

This seemed like a good cue to try some limted animation. So here is a walk cycle animated GIF. This was created with paper, crayola pens and Photoshop.

4 comments:

  1. Like it!
    Maybe I should try something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Lucas please do. It is really easy to do and very satisfying to see your own work animated. I estimate it took me about 1 to 2 hours to complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, how do I start?
    Know where to find a good tutorial, Kelleeee?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, try this YOUTUBE tutorial below. It is the one that I used:

    http://youtu.be/RkNMwd0P15E

    :D

    ReplyDelete